The MCM administrative team organizes special events at almost every residency. These events are meant to provide networking and learning opportunities for MCM students, faculty and alumni, often with a high profile guest speaker.
Past events have included:
- A magical dinner at Peller Estates Winery to honour outgoing program director and founder, Dr. Terry Flynn.
- A dinner at Spencer’s by the Waterfront in Burlington, Ontario, sponsored by CNW Group to honour outgoing Dean of Business Paul Bates, a great supporter of the MCM
- A guest lunch lecture by Terry Fallis, partner in the leading public relations firm Thornley Fallis and best-selling author of The Best Laid Plans, winner of the 2010 Leacock Award.
- A guest lunch lecture by Linda Kuhn, senior vice-president (communications and consumer affairs), Maple Leaf Foods
- Special graduation lunches for each outgoing MCM cohort, on the day of their convocation, with their families proudly in attendance.
The MCM philosophy is collaboration not competition.
Many graduate programs are designed to “weed out” or judge students. The MCM has been designed to foster your professional and personal growth, offer you the best learning experience possible in our hybrid in-class and online pedagogy, all delivered by award-winning instructors drawn from the top ranks of professional communication practice and academic research.